Thursday, September 3, 2009

Still With Us

Bri is still with us. We are all wiped out. Last night was so bad that we were praying for Jesus to take her in his arms. There was no comforting her, even with medication. But once again our God showed mercy and opened up a room at the Hospice House (less than 5 miles down the road) and we were welcomed into the facility after midnight. This is a hotel-type facility complete with nurses and doctors who are here to offer comfort care not only to Brianna but to us as well. Everyone has been so kind. Bri is sleeping right now, so is Ashley. Jerry ran home to take care of our sweet puppy dog Belina and I am sitting in Bri's bed at the foot just watching her sleep peacefully.

5 comments:

  1. Thanking God for His mercies...praying for His continued care over Brianna and you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking for you. I am beseeching God now for further grace, strength, and comfort for all of you today and especially peace and comfort for Brianna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Brenda,

    I am praying for comfort for your family and Brianna. My heart is breaking for you. I am happy to hear that you are in the Hospice House, those people, in my opinion, are ANGELS on earth. I know that no words will comfort you and the tug-of-war of emotions from, Lord please take her now and end her suffering to, Lord please give her more time, are exhausting. I have never experienced a deeper more numbing ache than having to let my daughter go, and for me there was no comfort. So I will keep praying, that somehow you will find some peace and comfort in the small stillness that surrounds Brianna and your family. You have inspired many, including myself, your writing is so honest and expressive. Thank you endlessly for sharing your beautiful daughter and her story. I know my life is forever changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot begin to say I understand what you are going through. The picture of you sitting on the foot of her bed just watching her bring me to tears. Praying for you, Brianna, Ashley and Jerry as you sit, wait in a place you had hoped you'd never be. I am praying that when God calls her to her Heavenly home, it is quick, painless and peaceful. But for me, I am selfish and I want more time for Brianna here on Earth. Love to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete