Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hope

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 08, 2007 06:27 PM, EDT
I know, I'm late in updating the page. Just remember, no news is good news. Brianna has been sleeping most of the day. Like I said in an earlier posting, she has her days and nights mixed up. Both Jerry and I have enjoyed holding her while she is sleeping so peacefully. She hasn't needed medication for pain for days. Amazing, isn't it. Now I have the complete story on the infection. She tested positive for both e. coli and VRE. It appears they were growing in her IV lines and are not in her bloodstream. As soon as the infection was noticed, both IV lines were removed and since then, she has tested negative for both. She still has to stay on the antibiotics and will continue to be tested. Let's hope they stay out of the bloodstream because we certainly do not want to deal with an infection in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment