Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh Sweet, Sweet Brianna

I can be having a pretty decent day and click on Bri's website and the tears begin to stream down my face when I see that gorgeous smile on sweet Bri. Thank God that she was so very happy during her short lifetime.

Life is going on at a much different pace now. I am actually getting through some of the "stacks" of "stuff" that piled up the last couple of years. One would think I would have a lot of time on my hands but actually I don't. Well, I probably could but I prefer to keep busy, it keeps the sadness from creeping in on me.

Jerry is back to work full time, traveling a lot and not liking it at all. I don't like it either but right now, that is where we are at job wise. Praying every day for something to happen / change up so he can be at home more.

Ashley is back in school and working part time. I don't get to see her very much which makes me sad but I have to get used to the fact that she is 17, almost 18 and at that age, who wants to hang out with their mother?!!!

We've started a flower garden between our house and Kathy's house and it has been officially named "Brianna's Garden". Kathy and Jim bought a beautiful angel statue and cross for the garden. We both planted various flowering plants that attract butterflies. One of the hospice volunteers, Ann P., brought over and planted a beautiful pink hibiscus. She officially dubbed the color "Brianna Pink". Here in the near future I will take some photos and post them. The garden is really beautiful and the butterflies have been feeding daily.

Please note the Brianna Gives Hope Foundation info on the left side of the site. Things are happening....we are very excited.

Brenda

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting things done. I can't imagine how you don't cry when you come here. Her smile is beautiful and I stop by many times just to see her and also in hopes of hearing something from you. Praying that whatever is to happen with Jerry and staying home, job wise, will happen.

    I love the thought of Brianna's garden. I will hope to see pretty pictures very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the garden is a GREAT idea. For you and others to walk in it and feel brianna's presence. I would so love to plant a big sunflower there for her sunshine smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to write something to you and your family, but I just can't find the words to even start. I'm deeply sadden by your loss I can not even imagine the pain you are going through and what you have been through eventough I feel like I kinda of do, I have a beautiful 11 month baby girl, Isabella, with full trisomy 18, and it has been a blessing experience but sometimes also kinda of overwhelming.
    I'am praying for your family, and I know that you guys will be alright, it seems that you guys have a lot of good people around you and that means alot. I wish we had some of that here close to us.
    Your Angel will take care of you guys and she is watching from heaven.
    May God bless you and your family for taking care of her and loving her the way you guys did she was absolutely beautiful and like you said she is because you still feel her around you. I wanted to tell you that as a mother I understand a little bit what you went through and pray that God will give you the strength to overcome this.
    Thank you for all the information you have provided about your angel Brianna, it really has helped alot.
    you can check our baby if you would like on youtube.com under Isabella Bost.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in the get my fix of Brianna
    sweet face. Also to say I love you and think of you so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brianna's garden is a great idea! I love that you are promoting a butterfly garden.

    Being from Michigan, it's hard to imagine planting a garden now so I will very much be looking forward to the pictures as Brianna's garden grows and develops.

    Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete