Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just Being Thankful

The day before Bri's birthday was the worse. We did our best to hold it all together. Our wonderful friends Rick and Susan (coincidentally, Bri was born on Rick's birthday) held a mass in Brianna's honor. It was beautiful. Thank you to you both and your children Tommy and Allison.

On the morning of Bri's birthday Jerry and I resolved to make it a Good Day, a Happy and Thankful Day and we did pretty darn good. We took some gifts to a home for atypical children in Bri's honor, had Jerry's parents over and did a balloon release with Doug, Helen and Jim and Kathy. Below is something I read aloud before the balloon release.

Just one little peek into heaven,
Is all I'm asking for today.
I just want to know how she's doing,
Is she playing on the clouds with angels?
Is she laughing and running today?
If you just let me look for a moment,
To catch a glimpse of her sweet smiling face,
I promise I won't try to take her,
I know, she's in a better place.
Just one little peek into heaven,
Is all I'm asking for today.
I just want to know how she's doing,
And heaven seems so far away...

Happy 3rd Birthday in Heaven to our sweet Baby Brianna

Thank you to all of you who sent emails and facebook messages, thank you for remembering our sweet little angel Brianna.

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday Brianna. you'll be remembered always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Brianna. What a beautiful poem that your mommy read. Thinking of you and Jerry and Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda continuing to think of you and pray for you often. Brianna came to mind tonight when our family was thinking about last Easter. Then I remembered Easters Brianna's birthday ( well it was so close to it last year). She gave us so much hope last year as we sat waiting for Alyssa to recover from surgery.

    Brianna has brought many smiles to many and continues to do so today. Hoping that through the sadness their is much joy knowing that Bri has had such a poitive impact on many lives. She is often thought of and talked about in our home.

    Thanks for your update it is good to hear from you

    hugs from PA. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,
    I have been following your site for a year or so. I just wanted to tell you that I am the sibling of a special needs child and a pediatric nurse. I lost my Mom on Christmas eve, and I can assure you she is looking after Bri and all the other special angels in heaven. She had nine children herself; she came to know all of my special patients in numerous phone calls home while I was worrying about my special charges. I know it cannot change your grief, but please think that Dorothy is with Bri, loving her and laughing and caring for all the little ones...she was born to be a Mom and can't help herself-she's in love with Bri, I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete